leftovers

Tuesday, March 21, 2006




Farewell Sydney!

There was no shortage of events to say goodbye to Sydney and all my beautiful friends.

First the Moonlight Cinema event that saw my back yard turn into an intimate cinema where thanks to the generosity of everyone who came along and others who couldn't make it we raised $500 for the street children's drop-in centres in Dhaka. Great stuff!

Some kayaking on Sydney Harbour was on the agenda thanks to Tony and the gang. Satish and Tony managed to make it even more memorable by tipping my kayak!

On Saturday we had the doctors, nurses, patients and Tony Abbott party which was a great way to spend my last weekend in Sydney and say goodbye to Egan St.

Looking forward to all the dinners/drinks when I get back in 12 months time (i'll be a cheap drunk by then). Don't forget to email/sms/skype me while I am away. "You can take a girl out of Newtown but you can't take Newtown out of the girl"!

Next time I write it will be from Dhaka!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jodie!

    Have a great time in Bangladesh. I'm sure you will make a difference there. I will check back for news on your blog. It was great MSN'ing with you after a long while (hope that you didn't think of me just because of a certain prophet)

    Best of luck with your work and projects!

    Hugs,
    Lars

     

Post a Comment

<< Home