leftovers

Friday, December 23, 2005

All I want for xmas……..
Today it really struck me how thankful I am for being an ‘accidental westerner’ with a well advanced health care system. I was also reminded of the differences in wealth between rich countries and poor. This all came about not only because I have been spending time a developing country but when I read a letter that was circulated around the office. In developing countries they don’t write to Santa they write to the Red Cross:
“ Sir, with great respect I here by submit my humble request in the contracting of my new set of false teeth. I am 29 years old and serving a 2 year sentence behind bars and just a couple of months ago my teeth all start to get rotten and I often visit the dentist every week. They often pull them out one after the other until it all finished by the end of last month I haven’t got a single tooth remaining in my gum. I also really find it difficult to chew all the foods which I used to have them before. Hoping and praying that your donations will be granted. ”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home