leftovers

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day Feast! Apologies to the vegetarians
I had a date for Valentine's day with 20 boys and two chooks. I had promised to eat dinner with the boys and buy them chicken, a treat they rarely eat. I forgot that chicken is very fresh in Bangladesh. It's so fresh that the chicken sellers stroll the streets with live chooks in their hands yelling 'hot chicken'. My boys did all the gruesome killing, plucking and chopping. I didn't watch but could hear what was going on. Funnily enough I didn't feel like eating it afterwards- although I couldn't dissapoint the boys- who made me pose for this photo. Shaon, pictured above, spent a quarter of his daily income to buy me a rose. These boys are truely stealing my heart! Definetely my best V day ever.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:08 am, Blogger Single Guy said…

    oh...happy Valentine's Day. I think I'll become a vegetarian after that story!

     
  • At 6:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Valentine's Day from me too. Give a huge hug from me to all the kids.

    XXXX

     

Post a Comment

<< Home