leftovers

Tuesday, December 12, 2006


A day at the cricket...
Last weekend I scored some free tickets to the cricket, Bangladesh Vs Zimbabwe. So 14 boys from one of the drop in centres and I had a day out. They loved the cricket and were eager to participate in the many mexican waves. I had my face painted on the way in which made me stand out in the crowd even more than my gender. There was not a female in sight in general admission or a female toilet. An official tried to get me to walk into the mens urinal to use the poo box but I snuck into the VIP toilets instead. At the end of the match, after Bangladesh had won, there were thousands of men trying to exit the stadium through one tiny door. It was mayhem. It was comparable if not worse to/than my most horrific moshpit experience. My boys were very protective though and created a circle around me to stop all the butt pinches that were coming my way. It sure is a man's world at the cricket in Bangladesh.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:08 am, Blogger Single Guy said…

    wow..sounds like an experience. I wonder why more women do not go to the cricket?

     
  • At 5:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jodes you are hilarious! Love the face paint!!! Tam xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home