leftovers

Wednesday, April 19, 2006


















Drop In Centre Visit

I visited two of the drop in centers last week. It was an amazing experience. On the way there two extreme events happened as they always do here in Bangladesh. I saw a truck hit a rickshaw (bike) and an elephant crossing the road.

When I reached the centre the boys were numerous. They were laughing hysterically at a Mr Bean DVD. There were so many children and they looked so very young. Two boys sang for me and it was the most beautiful song! I visited the girls drop-in centres too that day. I took some of my flatmates there on the weekend and the girls were very shy at first but when all the men and boys left the centre they came alive and loved the attention they were receiving from us. They were showing us how to wear our ornas (scarfs) etc. The kids were so happy to see us and so eager for us to return that they followed us out the door and onto the street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home