leftovers

Sunday, August 13, 2006


Feeling Fruity?
Mangoes
are on their way out and guavas are on their way in. Before Bangers I had only ever tasted guava mixed with champagne, but today I tasted my first fresh guava. I bought it from the man and his mobile cart that was outside my apartment. The photo above was taken from my bedroom window. It wasn't as sweet as I had expected but rather bitter in taste. Normally the guava man cuts and mixes the guava with chilli and salt but I wanted to taste my raw, much to his bewilderment. Guava is a berry and apparently has the highest form of vitamin c and antioxidents out of all the fruits. Today I also tasted my first pink grapefruit whilst at work. Yep it was also served with chilli and salt
! Strangely tasty though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home